A glove is a covering for the hand worn for protection against Infections and typically having separate parts for each finger and the thumb.
Below are the various types of gloves encountered in the healthcare setting.
- Sterile gloves: Indicated for executing any sterile procedure including but not limited to vagina delivery, invasive radiological procedure, central vascular device dressing change and accessing implanted central venous access ports.
- Non-sterile gloves: (Eg. Nitrite, latex, medical vinyl) indicated in situations when there is potential for contact with infectious material such as blood, other body fluids, micrograms.
- Non-medical gloves: (eg.vinyl) may be used for food handling and some housekeeping procedures such as cleaning and disinfection.
- Utility gloves: (eg. Facility, maintenance, central sterile processing) used for manual cleaning of instruments and decontamination with harsh chemicals.
The following should be taken into consideration when using gloves in the healthcare environment.
- Wear gloves to curtail the risk of contamination or susceptibility to blood, other body fluids, hazardous materials and transmission of infection.
- Clean hands before putting on gloves for a sterile procedure such as insertion of a catheter or another invasive device.
- Clean hands after removing gloves
- Clean hands and change gloves between each task. (Eg. After contact with a contaminated surface/ environment.
- Make sure that gloves fit you properly before performing any task.
- Ensure the correct type of glove is available if you have skin sensitivity or allergy issues.
- Wear gloves in the hemodialysis setting for any contact with the patient or patient equipment.
- Follow your facility’s policy on glove use and remember to consult CDC and WHO hand hygiene guidance.
- Don’t reuse or wash gloves (except for utility gloves after being properly cleaned.
- Don’t substitute glove use for hand hygiene.
- Don’t use non-approved hand lotions.
- Don’t use gloves if they are damaged or visibly soiled.
- Don’t touch your face when wearing gloves.
- Don’t wear the same pair of gloves from one patient to another.
- Don’t wear gloves in the hall; consult your facility policy for exceptions.
- Don’t forget to remove and dispose of gloves properly.
If I am in the house what type of glove can I wear for cleaning my louvers and table?? Is it the same one used by hairdressers.
Thanks for getting in touch with us Miss Janet.
Non-medical gloves: (eg.vinyl) may be used for food handling and some housekeeping procedures such as cleaning and disinfection.
Preferably, I will recommend non-medical gloves when undergoing such exercise.
Our adept group of low cost college or university writers, scientists and students manufacture.
After looking over a handful of the blog articles on your
site, I honestly appreciate your way of writing a
blog. I added it to my bookmark webpage list and will be checking
back soon. Please check out my website as well and let
me know what you think.
I am extremely inspired together with your writing abilities and also with the layout in your blog.
Is this a paid subject matter or did you customize it yourself?
Anyway keep up the nice quality writing, it’s rare to look a nice blog like this one today..
Hello everybody, here every person is sharing these kinds of know-how, so
it’s good to read this web site, and I used to pay a visit this weblog daily.
I am really enjoying the theme/design of your web site.
Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems?
A handful of my blog audience have complained about my site not working correctly in Explorer but looks
great in Opera. Do you have any solutions to help fix this problem?
Thanks for the auspicious writeup. It if truth be told was a amusement account it.
Glance advanced to far brought agreeable from you!
By the way, how could we communicate?
Thanks for being in touch.
Kindly send me email via email@example.com
Simply desire to say your article is as amazing. The clearness for your
submit is just excellent and that i could suppose you are knowledgeable in this subject.
Fine together with your permission let me to snatch your RSS feed to keep up to date with impending post.
Thanks 1,000,000 and please continue the enjoyable work.
Thank you sir. Please kindly share this good article to your friends
Hi every one, here every person is sharing these familiarity,
so it’s nice to read this web site, and I used to pay
a visit this weblog daily.
Hi there i am kavin, its my first occasion to commenting anywhere, when i read this article
i thought i could also create comment due to this sensible post.
I am extremely impressed with your writing skills as well as with the layout on your weblog.
Is this a paid theme or did you customize it yourself? Anyway
keep up the excellent quality writing, it’s rare to see a great
blog like this one these days.
I blog frequently and I truly appreciate your information. This article has really peaked my interest. I’m going to take a note of your blog and keep checking for new information about once a week. I subscribed to your RSS feed too.
I quite like reading through a post that will make men and women think.
Also, thanks for allowing for me to comment!
What’s up, all is going sound here and ofcourse every one
is sharing facts, that’s really good, keep up writing.
Hi to every one, as I am truly keen of reading this webpage’s post to be
updated daily. It contains pleasant material. 0mniartist asmr
I don’t even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was good.
I don’t know who you are but certainly you’re going to a famous
blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!