To identify their rank, nurses wear belts of various colors. The meaning of each color is explained in the list that follows.
List of Ranks in Nursing Ghana and their colors
1) The color Black: Worn by Midwives
2) The color White: Worn by Nursing Officers
3) The color Blue: Worn by Senior Nursing Officers
4) The color Green: Worn by Principal Nursing Officers
5) The color Mauve/red: Worn by Deputy Director of Nursing Services.
Basic Job Description For Qualified Nurses In Ghana:
1) Addressing patient health issues and needs.
2) To develop and implement nursing care plans for patients.
3) Maintain accurate medical records.
4) Administering nursing care to those who are ill, injured, convalescent, or disabled.
5) Health maintenance, disease prevention, or case management advice.
What is the highest-paid nurse in Ghana?
The certified registered nurse anesthetist consistently ranks as the highest-paid nursing career.
What is the highest degree in nursing?
The highest level of nursing education is the doctoral level. Positions that require doctoral nursing degrees include certain types of advanced practice registered nurses (APRNs), as well as leadership positions such as chief nursing officer or director of nursing.
Can a nurse become a doctor?
Yes, a registered nurse can become a doctor, but only after pursuing additional schooling, training and exams.
Who is a senior nurse?
A Senior Staff Nurse is responsible for the provision and management of nursing care to patients, supervising and guiding junior nurses and nursing students to ensure that optimal care is provided.